1) Review pages 204-207 on “Types of Traditional Literature.”
Explain what Norton explains are the key characteristics of traditional literature that makes it different from modern literature.
Define the following types of traditional folktales and their specific characteristics:
A. Cumulative Tales:
B. Humorous Tales:
C. Beast Tales:
D. Magic and Wonder Tales:
E. Pourquoi Tales:
F. Realistic Tales:
2) Review pages 208-210 on the “Value of Traditional Literature.”
Explain the ways traditional literature helps children with:
A. “Understanding the World”:
B. “Identifying with Universal Human Struggles”:
C. “Pleasure” of reading and listening to stories:
3) Review pages 211-213 on “Folklore for Adolescents.” Explain what Norton explains about folklore written for older children such as myths.
4) Review pages 213-217 on literary elements that are common to folktales. Explain the characteristics of the following literary elements as they are used specifically in folktales:
5) Review pages 217-220 on “Motifs” in Traditional Literature.
Define what Norton explains a motif is.
Explain what Norton says about the following motifs that are common in traditional literature:
A. Supernatural Adversaries and Helpers:
B. Magical Objects, Powers, and Transformation:
6) Review pages 220-226 on various cultural folktales from around the world. Summarize what Norton says about the following European folktales:
A. “French Folktales”:
B. “German Folktales”:
C. “Norwegian Folktales”:
D. “Russian Folktales”:
E. “Jewish Folktales”:
7) Review pages 227-231 on various cultural folktales from around the world. Summarize what Norton says about the following Asian folktales:
F. “Chinese Folktales”:
G. “Japanese Folktales”:
H. “Other Asian Folktales”:
I. “Middle Eastern Folktales”:
8) Review pages 231-236 on African, Latino, and North American Folktales. Summarize what Norton explains about:
1. “African Folktales”:
2. “Latino Folklore”:
3. “North American Folktales”:
A. “Native American Folktales”:
B. “African American Folktales”:
C. “American Variants of European Tales”:
D. “Tall Tales”:
9) Review pages 236-238 on “Fables.” Explain what Norton explains are common characteristics of:
Criminology Order #: 564575
“ This is exactly what I needed . Thank you so much.”
Communications and Media Order #: 564566
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
Art Order #: 563708
Thanks a million to the great team.
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"