Summative Assessment: Quantitative vs. Qualitative Presentation Exam Content When conducting or evaluating research, it’s important to understand when it’s appropriate to use numeric or nonnumeric data gathering, analysis, and study. Many careers require an ability to locate, review, and incorporate data and hypothesis testing into outcome-based projects. This assessment requires you to evaluate a quantitative and a qualitative research study. Imagine that you are instructing students about the differences between qualitative and quantitative research, and you are asked to present this information to your class. Use the University Library to research 2 journal articles: one that is based on a quantitative study, and one that is based on a qualitative study. Note: Refer to Table 2.2, “A List of Psychological Journals by Type of Article Published,” located on p. 71 in Ch. 2 of The Process of Research and Statistical Analysis in Psychology, to help you with your search. This list includes both general psychology journals and journals that specialize in a particular area of psychology. Create a 10- to 12-slide slide presentation in which you analyze both the qualitative and quantitative studies. Address the following in your presentation: Describe each study. Identify the research methods used for each study (e.g., sampling, probability, hypothesis type, testing used to address the problem statement). Explain the outcomes from each study. Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative research with specific examples from each study. Discuss any threats to validity or bias that you may have seen. Include a reference slide with citations formatted according to APA guidelines.
- Determine the shape and skew of a distribution
- Write a journal entry about the experiences and emotions you faced
- what motivates people to explore the unkown?
- Discuss what challenges teachers anticipate encountering when communicating with the families of young children and what they will do to confront these challenges.
- Research the internet for scholarly and/or professional material about system testing and operations.
- esign a one-page study to understand if behavioral economics traits or concepts (bounded rationality, loss aversion, framing, etc.)
- Write a reflection on my classmates presentation.
- Write a scientific review paper over the articles that will be provided.
- Is art basically rational or emotional? Or is it both (and if so, in what way)?
- write a short essay of 3-5 pages in paragraph form that answers the question, how does the moral universe in the show Motherhacker compare to how morality works in our universe/reality? use examples from the text and from real life to support your claim.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.