Written Exercise: The Next Silicon Valley. Part of our discussion in this session involves what has made metropolitan areas like Silicon Valley, Research Triangle Park (Raleigh, Durham, Winston Salem) NC or Seattle the centers of Tech. In that conversation we will evaluate what qualities provide a city or cities the best opportunity to emerge as a high-tech center or ecosystem, with special focus on NYC, Brooklyn and Long Island City. Using that as a basis and internet research, order (prioritize) the following cities which have the best possibility as emerging as the next high-tech center or ecosystem and why: Newark NJ, Austin TX, Nashville TN, Cleveland OH, Pittsburgh PA, Boston MA, Orlando FL, Atlanta GA, Salt Lake City/Provo UT? Are there any others that offer a better shot than those mentioned? Also of all of them, can any really rival the Bay Area as the dominant Center of Tech?
As a helpful reference tool, use the Metro Dashboard from the Brookings Institution
- Analyze the value of a diverse multidisciplinary task force to address the selected social issue.
- Safety Management System
- UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX AND CHALLENGING NEEDS, Support Plan Critique
- What do Americans “need to know” in foreign policy?
- commentary 2
- commentary 3
- Write a Battle analysis of San Jacinto
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether you judge this to be a good choice.
- What social, political, or economic situations necessitated special programs?
- To what extent has the war and pandemic affected interior design and what are the predictions as to where interior design is heading?
- Write about the short story “The Enormous Radio.” by John Cheever.