Assignment Description: For this assignment, based on your Chapter readings for this module, create an essay discussing the questions and example below. What competitor information categories are useful in competitor analysis? Are these categories appropriate for health care organizations? How can these information categories provide a focus for information gathering and strategic decision making? Why is it important to clearly define the service area? How does managed care penetration affect service area definition? Conduct a service area competitor analysis within your community. Keep it fairly small in scope (i.e. laser hair removal business, extended care facility for ventilator-dependent patients, etc.) so that it is manageable. Begin by introducing the macro issues (general and health care) and then use this outline as an initial guide: Specify the Service Category Delineate the Service Area. General Economic Demographic Psychographic Health Status Perform a Service Area Structure Analysis Threat of New Entrants Intensity of Rivalry Threat of Substitutes Power of Customers Power of Suppliers Do a Competitor Analysis/Identify Service Category Critical Success Factors Competitor Strengths and Weaknesses Critical Success Factors Strategic Groups Map Competitors Likely Responses of Competitors Identify and Map Strategic Groups Provide a Synthesis. The following specifications are required for this assignment: Length: 1100 words. Structure: Include a Title page in APA style. References: Include at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook and provided material. Format: Include at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook and provided material. Required Resources: Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2018). Strategic management of health care organizations. (8th ed.). Jossey-Bass. Read Chapter 3.
- Discuss your leaders impact on organizational culture.
- Write out script for an Oral presentation using the documents and article provided. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-amplify-i-have-mixed-feelings-about-returning-to-the-office-as-a/
- Why do some dog lick their owners excessively?
- What were the main regulatory and market differences between the US and India when considering Promotion and Place (distribution)?
- What are the differences between estimating and forecasting demand?
- Does the plan cover dental, eyeglasses, infertility, prescriptions, or chiropractic care?
- Clearly identify the theme of your concept map.
- Define the challenges and opportunities that exist for today’s healthcare leaders.
- Reflect and Relate an introduction to interpersonal communication fifth edition (2018) .
- Does it appear that system-level policymakers have considered the possible consequences that changes to Medicare have on vulnerable patient populations?
- List the differences between Medicare and Medicaid.