For this Assignment, you will apply concepts of the product life cycle, branding, pricing tactics, and distribution channel. Consider how products are improved in order to extend their product life cycle. What are some ways to make an existing product more appealing to consumers?
Consider the following scenario:
Generic Electronics is introducing a new electronic device with cutting-edge technology. The managers are expecting the product life cycle, from introduction to decline, will last about 3 years before this device is replaced by a newer version of the technology.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Review this week’s Learning Resources.
Review the scenario of Generic Electronics.
Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit your responses to the following prompts.
1. What type of brand message should Generic Electronics send to its potential customers? Explain your answer. (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
2. How should Generic’s marketing managers adjust this device’s branding throughout the four stages of the product life cycle (PLC)? In your response, be sure to briefly describe each stage of the product life cycle. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
3. During the introductory stage of this device, which pricing strategy should Generic Electronics use? When the device hits the maturity stage, how should the pricing strategy be different? (75 words, or 1 paragraph)
4. Which distribution channel should Generic Electronics use? The options are direct sales (i.e., business to consumer, or B2C) through the company’s eCommerce and mCommerce sites, or indirectly (i.e., business to business, or B2B) through other retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon. Discuss the pros and cons of these options. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
5. Why is it important for Generic Electronics to have an integrated marketing communication plan? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
6. How should Generic’s marketing managers ensure they are utilizing integrated marketing communication and are sending consistent messages throughout the different traditional and digital marketing channels? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
Note: For each prompt, be sure to reference at least one scholarly source to support your answer.
- Raising Finance
- Mind-map on Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Please draw a mind-map that will highlight up to 5 aspects of modernism studied this summer? Please make sure to exemplify each element with specific scenes from the movie.Link to what a mind map should look like:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- China’s Economic Growth and Impact on International Relations
- Human Relations
- Positive Guidance
- self-compassion literature review
- Provide background information on your organisation, outlining the HR function and its responsibilities.
- Write an essay on the effects of impairment and marijuana.