Please pay attention this time. This project is on the topic of allocating police funding and how it can help keep our communities safe. This is not a paper topic, it is a presentation. So instead of militarizing the police, the funding can go elsewhere within the department. This is what I am focusing on.
Instructions are below:
Discussion #14 (Project) Expectations: This is a project. You can do this in a group or alone. This should be a multi-media presentation lasting approximately 7 minutes per person (it’s ok if it’s longer). This project will be presented in zoom class on DECEMBER 1, 2021. ***There are no assignments due this Sunday November 28th. And no written assignment this week. Your presentation next class should include at least one video, audio or photo(s) to your presentation.
Discussion #14 (Project):
Explore what it means to “Defund the police” and explain what the movement was about, how it came about and the goals associated with the movement.
Pretend you are the Mayor of your town and must decide if you will “Defund your police” in your town & what exactly you will defund, change allocations, etc. How will you make this decision? What examples can you find to support your decision? Find information from other towns who are doing what you think should be done and use that as an example. You can focus on one aspect/perspective of the movement that is of interest to you.
The goal of this project is for the class to learn different perspectives of what “defund the police” means. Can it be accomplished successfully? does it cause more harm than good? Is the change better for the Community? And to continue to be critical about what see and hear in our news outlets, whether that’s social media or the traditional news outlets.
***If you weren’t in class and need additional guidance you must reach out to me via Canvas email to get your questions answered.
If you have a question that would benefit the group, please post it to this thread and I will answer it.
I’m looking forward to hearing your presentations! Be prepared for my questions at the end of your presentation.
- Demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the history of design, providing all of the information for each of the designs as well as citing them.
- How does faith factor into a secular society?
- After investigating art and various themes and related issues, you are asked to reflect on what you have learned from course content through the creation of an exhibition of your own making.
- Would you market to a West Coast African country differently than an East Coast African country? Are countries like Morocco truly “African”?
- What is Madison’s argument in Federalist #10 about factions in American politics?
- How does suicide affect the mental health of college students?
- Write a well developed essay analyzing how cruelty functions in the work as a whole and what the cruelty reveals about the perpetrator and/or victim
- How does the repertoire you’ve chosen relate to issues of race, class, gender, sexuality, or other definers of identity?
- What is an “essential worker?” Examples?
- Discuss the influence of social media on buying behavior in fashion industry
- Explain the role of UN Security Council in the maintenance of international peace and security.