Matters of race, ethnicity, class, gender, and sexuality are often in the public eye, and tend to be at the center of many passionate (and unfortunately even violent) conflicts. While discussing diversity in the context of institutions and organizations remains important, it is as important to ask to what extent we accept diversity and difference as a society. One such case occurred August 11th, 2017 when a white nationalist group marched in protest of the potential removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee from the campus of the University of Virginia. Local organizations such as the NAACP and citizens of the town had argued that the statue (erected in 1924) needed to be removed as it was a symbol of the enslavement and oppression faced by blacks in the South.
You may read more details of the case at the following link:
Using the knowledge you’ve accumulated in this course, write a short letter to the editor of your local newspaper arguing why or why not you believe the removal of the statue from public view is in the interest of cultivating a more diverse society.
cite at least two scholarly sources from course readings or your own research to support your argument.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.
- Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors.
- Looking more specifically at slope, what are two ways it can be applied in the workplace or
- Consider how you feel about the following issues: Respecting the wishes of a suffering client that he is permitted to die with dignity
- What is your vision for the future of nursing?
- How can science fiction stories like Binti relate to our current climate?
- Write a Briefing Paper describing the formal organization of the adopted agency.
- What measure of central tendency is most appropriate for describing this set of data and why?
- Consider the ideas of liberty and equality expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the preamble to the US constitution. Evaluate the work of the work of the reconstruction era to apply these principles.
- How could nurses make a profound impact on the care of this vulnerable population?
- Discuss “the danger of playing it safe” by Wendy kaminer.