For this assignment, complete the following steps:
Carefully read “1.11 A Psychologist’s Skill Set: Information Literacy- How Do You Know?” beginning on page 46 of your textbook.
Choose ONE of the following urban legends/rumors/myths:
“Who Are ‘America’s Frontline Doctors’ and Dr. Stella Immanuel?” (opens in a new window)
“Was a Homeless Couple Found Living in a Walmart Attic?” (opens in a new window)
“Does a New Facebook Algorithm Only Show You 26 Friends?” (opens in a new window)
Write an essay explaining how you would debunk the legend/rumor/myth you chose. Your essay must include the following:
Use at least 3 of the 6 suggestions from section 1.11 in your textbook. In your essay, refer to the suggestions by their number in the textbook (Suggestion 2, Suggestion 5, etc.) and explain how each suggestion helped you determine if the information in your legend/rumor/myth was dubious or even totally false.
Your essay should contain an introductory paragraph, at least three paragraphs explaining how the suggestions you chose from your textbook helped you determine the validity of the information in your chosen rumor/legend/myth (at least one paragraph for each suggestion) and a closing paragraph.
Your OPINION of the legend/rumor/myth should not be included in your essay. The focus of this assignment is on applying critical thinking skills to information you encounter on social media. This assignment is NOT intended to start a debate.
Citing Sources: You must use APA style to reference your source(s) at the end of your submission. For this assignment, you must include reference information for your textbook and for the article you chose. Information on how to format reference information in APA style (including a reference generator) can be found on the Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) website at: (opens in a new window)
Acceptable Length: 1 typed page (minimum)
Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
Use double line spacing
Use 1-inch margins all around (top, bottom, left, right)
Grading criteria: For full points you must fully comply with each component of the Assignment Rubric.
To Submit: Type your essay and save it in one of the following file types: .doc, .docx, .pdf. NO OTHER FILE TYPES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Click on the link “Module 1 Written Assignment” (above) and attach your file. Click “Submit”.
VITALSOURCE is where my textbook is
- What would you do to help children with disappointment and anger?
- Determine the shape and skew of a distribution
- Write a journal entry about the experiences and emotions you faced
- what motivates people to explore the unkown?
- Discuss what challenges teachers anticipate encountering when communicating with the families of young children and what they will do to confront these challenges.
- Research the internet for scholarly and/or professional material about system testing and operations.
- esign a one-page study to understand if behavioral economics traits or concepts (bounded rationality, loss aversion, framing, etc.)
- Write a reflection on my classmates presentation.
- Write a scientific review paper over the articles that will be provided.
- Is art basically rational or emotional? Or is it both (and if so, in what way)?
- write a short essay of 3-5 pages in paragraph form that answers the question, how does the moral universe in the show Motherhacker compare to how morality works in our universe/reality? use examples from the text and from real life to support your claim.