The word-limit for the assignment is 1,200 words (+/- 10%). This does not include the title page, executive summary, table of contents, reference list and appendices.
1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
Identify culture specific preferences in conflict resolution and develop appropriate rapport management strategies within tourism context
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
Be sensitive to cultural differences in impression management and ethical considerations in international tourism management.
A literature review: You are asked to demonstrate your knowledge of concepts, theories and ideas relevant to this unit by identifying cultural regularity and variability and apply these to frameworks in international tourism management. Students to choose one of the following topics:
How our cultures cannibalise other cultures? Explain the relation through theories used in this course.
Use different views presented in this course to discuss the socio-cultural impacts of tourism.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
In order to pass Assessment 1 you will need to:
Demonstrate your understanding of different cultural dimensions of regularity and variability and produce frameworks to investigate the impact of culture on international tourism business.
Evaluate different strategies used on conflict resolution in managing cross cultural situations in the workplace.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
This assessment provides a grounding in the intercultural frameworks relevant to international tourism business environment. The frameworks are discussed in scheduled classes.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
- Analyze the value of a diverse multidisciplinary task force to address the selected social issue.
- Safety Management System
- UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX AND CHALLENGING NEEDS, Support Plan Critique
- What do Americans “need to know” in foreign policy?
- commentary 2
- commentary 3
- Write a Battle analysis of San Jacinto
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether you judge this to be a good choice.
- What social, political, or economic situations necessitated special programs?
- To what extent has the war and pandemic affected interior design and what are the predictions as to where interior design is heading?
- Write about the short story “The Enormous Radio.” by John Cheever.