Many of you may have an interest or are already working with children and families in this profession. This often will include providing services to children of color including bicultural children. Parents of children of color must create a safe environment in which their children can grow up despite racism. You learned from your readings this is called creating a buffer zone. Think about some of the challenges these families face and steps you can take to assist.
What strategies can you encourage parents to use to help protect children of color from negative attitudes and stereotypes, increase their self-worth, and prepare them for racism?
What additional suggestions would you offer to parents with bicultural children and white adopted parents of children of color?
Describe your personal challenges and ways to overcome working with:
Racial/ethnic differences of children and families of color.
Children who report feeling different in their life experiences.
Clients voicing feelings that they experience you as different from them.
Diller, J. V. (2019). Cultural diversity: A primer for the human services. Cengage Learning, Inc.
- Writer’s Choice (based on any open database you can find on the link in the instructions)
- Analyze the importance of data management, knowledge management, and business analytics to business organizations.
- Write a paper: Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Ruby Whiteboarding
- Business Plan
- he Evolution and future role of forensic accounting in detecting and preventing corporate frauds
- Types of Inflation and the Social Implications
- Based on the information in the Interactive: Henry and Ertha Williams, answer the following for the discussion post this week. Groups will be assigned by the instructor.
- Sociological imagination Essay introduction and planning
- Infographic study
- Energy Drink Sales Variables