1.According to the first two parts of the Foucault text, why was it so important to torture the body? What is the significance of pain; relatedly, how did torture supposedly produce truth? How did the logic of torture change in the development towards non-corporal punishment?
Parts 1 and 2, Discipline and Punish by Foucault (Note: this text is not found on Blackboard; as stated in the syllabus, you are responsible for obtaining this text yourself.)
2.Incarceration and Discipline Options Menu: Forum
As a result of centuries of penal reform, we are doing less “punishing” and more “disciplining.” How has this disciplining become tied both to self-governance (think penopticon) and to capitalist priorities and logics? What is the role of the “delinquent” – how does the role/position of the delinquent justify current penal systems despite their ineffectiveness?
Parts 3 and 4, Discipline and Punish by Foucault (Note: this text is not found on Blackboard; as stated in the syllabus, you are responsible for obtaining this text yourself.)
- Analyze the value of a diverse multidisciplinary task force to address the selected social issue.
- Safety Management System
- UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX AND CHALLENGING NEEDS, Support Plan Critique
- What do Americans “need to know” in foreign policy?
- commentary 2
- commentary 3
- Write a Battle analysis of San Jacinto
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether you judge this to be a good choice.
- What social, political, or economic situations necessitated special programs?
- To what extent has the war and pandemic affected interior design and what are the predictions as to where interior design is heading?
- Write about the short story “The Enormous Radio.” by John Cheever.