In this assignment you will be crafting a memo detailing your recommendations for an intervention to use with a client population and developing a single subject design for testing your recommended intervention in a social work setting. The memo should be of professional quality. In other words, it should
pass as a document that a master level social worker would provide to a supervisor in practice.
The memo should be between two to three pages single spaced and should be formatted as a memo (a sample format is provided). The memo will detail:
● the scope of the population/issue;
● various interventions to improve an aspect of the population/issue;
● an evaluation of the existing evidence to support the use of each intervention;
● recommendations on which intervention to choose; and
● a plan for evaluating the use of the intervention using single subject design within an agency.
Your memo should follow the organization below and should include subheadings.
You should detail the scope of your population/issue by citing statistics detailing your population and why it is important to assist the population.
● sets the stage for your entire memo by laying out for your supervisor why your agency should address the needs of your selected population;
● must be fact based and should contain citations rather than your opinions;
● should also be short in comparison to the rest of the memo. For example, if you had selected adults with disabilities and wanted to focus on their vocational needs, you would state how many adults have disabilities. You would then document the challenges of adults with disabilities in
You should detail various interventions that have been used to improve an aspect of the population/issue. Depending on your topic, you may have many interventions that can be grouped together in a summary or you may have one or two standard interventions that are used.
Briefly describe the interventions. Appropriate descriiptions may include whether:
● the intervention is considered evidence-based;
● the intervention has been tested on various demographic groups (children, non-English speakers, etc);
● what the intervention purports to change in a client population (improve depression, decreaseteen pregnancy, etc.);
● specialized training is required; and/or 5) the intervention is free to use.
Evidence for Intervention Use
Select two of the most promising interventions and describe in more detail how they have been evaluated to demonstrate evidence that they will work with your client population. Explain how the interventions have been implemented and why researchers have suggested that they are effective.
Recommendation for Intervention
Based on everything you have written above, suggest to your supervisor which recommendation you feel will work best at your agency. This section should be brief in relation to the other sections.
Single Subject Design
Now that you have selected an intervention, design a single subject evaluation that you can use in your practice to evaluate your intervention. Describe a validated measure that you will use to change the target behavior of your client. Describe data collection and potential limitations of your design.
- Writer’s Choice (based on any open database you can find on the link in the instructions)
- Analyze the importance of data management, knowledge management, and business analytics to business organizations.
- Write a paper: Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Ruby Whiteboarding
- Business Plan
- he Evolution and future role of forensic accounting in detecting and preventing corporate frauds
- Types of Inflation and the Social Implications
- Based on the information in the Interactive: Henry and Ertha Williams, answer the following for the discussion post this week. Groups will be assigned by the instructor.
- Sociological imagination Essay introduction and planning
- Infographic study
- Energy Drink Sales Variables