For this assignment, you will conduct a case study on workplace safety and compensation. You will use the organization for
which you currently or previously have worked as the basis of this case study.
Begin with a brief overview of the organization that includes the type of business, location and size of workforce.
Next, you will explore compensation at your organization. You must discuss the following issues:
Summarize the scope and authority of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
You learned in Chapter 22 of the eTextbook that 70% of American companies are not in compliance with FLSA. Does
your organization fully comply with FLSA? Explain why or why not. What impact do your state laws have on compensation at your organization?
Now, examine the core components of the American workers’ compensation safety net:
Summarize workers’ compensation, unemployment benefits, Social Security, and retirement benefits policies at your
Explain how well you think your organization provides support, education, training, or resources in these areas?
Finally, summarize how Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations apply to your organization and
then answer the following questions:
Have there been any OSHA violations at your organization in the last five years? If you do not know, you can visit OSHA’s
Establishment Search and enter your organization’s name, state, zip code, and requested dates to see any recorded
inspections and violations.
Do you believe either compliance or non-compliance with OSHA standards has impacted your organization’s bottom line
(positively or negatively.) Consider aspects like lost time or revenue, compensation claims, personnel loss that can result
from violations. Support your opinion with specific examples.
Your case study must be a minimum of two pages, not including the title and reference pages. You must use at least three
distinct, academic sources—one for each topic (compensation, safety net, OSHA)—to support your analysis. All sources
used must have citations and references formatted in APA Style. APA formatting of your case study is otherwise not
- Writer’s Choice (based on any open database you can find on the link in the instructions)
- Analyze the importance of data management, knowledge management, and business analytics to business organizations.
- Write a paper: Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Ruby Whiteboarding
- Business Plan
- he Evolution and future role of forensic accounting in detecting and preventing corporate frauds
- Types of Inflation and the Social Implications
- Based on the information in the Interactive: Henry and Ertha Williams, answer the following for the discussion post this week. Groups will be assigned by the instructor.
- Sociological imagination Essay introduction and planning
- Infographic study
- Energy Drink Sales Variables