Argumentative Essay Prompt
Despite being a work of fiction, The Case of George Dedlow reveals much about American culture
during and immediately following the Civil War period. The prompts below will ask you to focus on a
single aspect of American culture that the story helps illuminate. This essay is argumentative, so you will
choose one of the prompts below and argue that that topic is the most salient in Mitchells writing.
There is no correct answer, as this short story can be read in many ways. You will argue for your point
of view, bring in textual evidence to support your reading and cite the text as appropriate. You will also
rely on your knowledge from lecture to substantiate claims about the historical context and may engage
in supplementary outside research if needed.
1). Argue for the ways in which The Case of George Dedlow sheds light on the medical knowledge and
practices of the American Civil War era.
2). Argue for the ways in which The Case of George Dedlow sheds light on the spiritual and religious
responses to the mass casualties, displacement and devastation of the American Civil War era.
- Explain and justify your position to the following question utilizing the up-to-date financial data you found in your research.
- Discuss the components required for effective quality and performance improvement programs in healthcare settings; the role risk management provides; the different triggers or risks that create hazardous outcomes; the tools and techniques you would recommend to assess risk; and what you have learned from the article.
- Discuss the main differences in the industrial relations systems of liberal and coordinated market economies by referring to at least two countries considered in the course.
- Write a discussion paper on Social Sciences
- What are the advantages of globalization to indigenous community in Canada.
- Discuss any threats to validity or bias that you may have seen.
- Identify at least two ways in which the employees support the internal community (for instance, a company may encourage their employees to divide up the work of an ill coworker) and ways the employees support the greater community (local, national, or global community).
- Write an essay on Evidence Based Practice in Health Care.
- What has been your past experience solving word problems?
- Using software of your choice and the PMBOK Guide, develop a schedule and integrated-change plan for your project.
- Analyze the gaps found in the above healthcare setting.