1) choose a debatable issue about which you have some knowledge — either through personal experience, televised newscasts, the Internet, or reading. In a multi-paragraph essay, take a stand on the issue by making a policy statement. Defend your position to a general audience of intelligent but skeptical readers. You are required to use at least 2 sources to support your position. Use MLA format to cite your sources to support your position. Use MLA format to cite your sources.
This is a policy essay which means that your thesis must include a statement that includes a condition of action i. e. Should, should not, must, must not, ought
Your essay must include the following elements:
• introduce that includes comprehensive background information and clear statement of thesis (claim)
• appropriate academic language and definition of terms
• logical organization with appropriate transitions
• well-developed body paragraphs that each have topic sentences that support your claim, each using a different rhetorical strategy
• comprehensive description of opposing viewpoint and rebuttal
• conclusion that demonstrates why your analysis is important
Here are some general guidelines to follow:
• state your thesis clearly (usually and the end of your introduction) in your introduction, be careful to avoid alienating readers who may be in initial disagreement with your views
• strike a reasonable tone and give a good reasons to back up your claim
• develop your reasons with as much specific and relevant evidence as possible
• attempt to refute opposing arguments-or at least to explain why they are less weighty than your own arguments
• where possible, build common ground with Readers who may not be inclined to agree with you
Solved by an expert writer
Looking for a similar assignment? Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services Order Now.
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"