Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and OutcomesLinks to an external site. article and watch the Globalization at a CrossroadsLinks to an external site. video. Go to the UAGC Library and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint, or you may choose one of the following articles found in the Week 1 Required Resources:
Becoming a global citizen? Developing community-facing learning in the social sciences.
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide Download Week 1 Example Assignment Guidewhen addressing the following prompts:
1. Describe and explain a clear distinction between “globalism” and “globalization” after viewing the video and reading the article.
2. Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
3. Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
4. Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
5. Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
6. Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
7. Identify two specific general education courses.
8. Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
Must be 750 to 1,000 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center’s APA Style resource.Links to an external site.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013Links to an external site..
1. Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
2. Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
3. Must use at least one credible source in addition to the two required sources (video and article).
4. Must document in APA style any information used from sources, as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center’s In-Text Citation GuideLinks to an external site..
5. Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from the Turnitin originality score.
6. Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Before you submit your written assignment, you are encouraged to review the review the Grammarly Links to an external site. page tutorial, set up a Grammarly account (if you have not already done so), and use Grammarly. Then carefully review all issues identified by Grammarly and revise your work as needed.
Solved by an expert writer
Looking for a similar assignment? Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services Order Now.
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"