The field of early childhood has many agencies and resources to support the early childhood professional. These range from local agencies to state regulatory agencies, to national early childhood organizations. Having a list of these resources and URLs to find them will be an asset to you in the field.
In this written assignment, please number your paper from 1-10. Please copy the question after each number, bold the question, and then find what is being asked and submit. Enjoy the scavenger hunt!
1. Most local counties or regions have a Child Care Council, CCR&R (Child Care Resource & referral agency), or licensing organization. Please name yours, provide the URL and name two resources they offer early childcare professionals?
2. Most states have a licensing agency. In NYS, it is Office of Children & Family Services. Please provide the URL for this, and provide the phone number in NYS and NYC for child care complaints. If you live outside NYS please provide your licensing agency information and URL.
3. In the NYS Office of Children and Family Services website, or website of your licensing agency, if you suspect child abuse or maltreatment, what is the statewide toll free telephone number? Please provide the URL where this information is located.
4. In the Office of Children and Family Services website, click on Child Care, then go to Information along the left, then Info for Providers also on left. Under “Contents” in the middle of the page, click General Information. Then click on Regulations all the way at the bottom of the page. Open Part 418-1 Child Day Care Centers, and in 418-1.13 of the New York State Child Day Care Center regulations, name the staff qualifications for a group teacher for preschoolers? And for a group teacher for infants and toddlers. If you live outside of NYS, provide your state regulations and group teacher qualifications.
5. What is ZERO to THREE? Define it, it’s services, and provide an URL.
6. What is the Child Development Associate Credential offered by the Council for Professional Recognition? Define it and provide an URL. (Know many colleges and non-for-profits can offer the training for this CDA credential however, this agency grants the overall credential and its many requirements in addition to training).
7. The National Association for Young Children (NAEYC) has a New York State affiliate (NYAEYC). Please provide the URL for this NYS agency: who is the executive director, and who is the Professional Development director?
8. Tell me three ways the Early Care and Learning Council (ECLC) supports child care providers and provide an URL for this organization.
9. The Early Care and Learning Council (ECLC) has a section called Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences which can be found under Infant Toddler Network in the “Our Programs” drop down bar. List the 5 things individuals can do to provide a strong buffer against the impacts of early adversity. Provide the URL
10. For the last several years, NAEYC has played a major role in a collaborative national initiative that is defining the early childhood profession, including early childhood educator roles and responsibilities. What is the name of that initiative and URL for the initiative?
Solved by an expert writer
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"