1. Watch the Pinkberry case study in the LEARN section this week. (Link provided at the bottom of this instruction)
2. Then determine the target market for Pinkberry using ALL the bases of segmentation to describe the customer profile. Here is an easy way to get started.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that a target audience can be everyone! One of the best ways to overcome this trap is to think of your target audience as an individual person rather than a group of people. Here is a very simple buyer persona exercise that you will find helpful. And this is a great chance to be creative.
3. Visualize the person that you think is the Pinkberry target customer. a. In terms of our bases of segmentation, where does this person live? b. Where else could they live beyond just West Hollywood, CA? c. Are they in an urban environment, the suburbs, or way out in the country?
4. Now describe that person in terms of their demographic characteristics. a. How old are they? b. What gender are they? c. Where are they in their family life cycle? d. What is their education level? e. What do they do for a living, etc.?
5. Move on to the psychological, or psychographic profile of the person that you are visualizing. a. What are their hobbies, lifestyle, values, and attitudes? b. What do they hold important to them? c. One of the areas to look at might be the VALS research. This may help you identify more about this specific person from the inside out.
6. Finally, with this same person in your head, a. how can you describe them behaviorally? b. Do they eat frozen yogurt?
c. Do they eat frozen yogurt from a competitor? d. Have they never eaten frozen yogurt before?
Once you go through this mental exercise of visualizing your specific customer, it will be easier to use the bases of segmentation to define your target person. After all, you talk to a person with your communication.
7. Tell us how you came to these decisions and the clues from the video or sources of research you used. This will help you with your hypothetical business.
Solved by an expert writer
Looking for a similar assignment? Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services Order Now.
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"