Think of an experience you, a family member, or a friend has had
with healthcare. Gauge the experience against IOM’s six aims
and identify any opportunities for improvement.
1. Safe: Harm should not come to patients as a result of their interactions with the medical system.
2. Timely: Patients should experience no waits or delays when receiving care and service.
3. Effective: The science and evidence behind healthcare should be applied and serve as standards in the delivery of care.
4. Efficient: Care and service should be cost-effective, and waste should be removed from the system.
5. Equitable: Unequal treatment should be a fact of the past; disparities in care should be eradicated.
6. Patient-centered: The system of care should revolve around the patient, respect patient preferences, and put the patient in control.
Criminology Order #: 564575
“ This is exactly what I needed . Thank you so much.”
Communications and Media Order #: 564566
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
Art Order #: 563708
Thanks a million to the great team.
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"