Free Supplementary Textbooks:
• Howell, D. C. (2012). Statistical Methods for Psychology. Cengage Learning. http://gtu.ge/Agro- Lib/Howle.pdf (well written and useful, heavy on formulas and hand calculation, little support for SPSS)
• Graphing Distributions in Lane’s Online Statistics Education: An Interactive Multimedia Course of Study at http://onlinestatbook.com/2/index.html or https://openstax.org/details/introductory- statistics
• Tyrrell, S. (2009). SPSS: Stats practically short and simple. Bookboon. Freely downloadable at https://oerstatistics.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/stats-practically-short-and-simple.pdf (This book is nice for a walk-through of the basic steps in data handling, data entry, and other “basic laboratory practices” or “basic office practices”. It is a good reference for a variety of details we might not cover directly in class and should help answer a variety of questions about how to work with data and analyses.)
Syllabus Psychology 301 Statistical Methods 3
• Fay, D. S., & Gerow, K. A biologist’s guide to statistical thinking and analysis. WormBook: the online review of C. elegans biology. http://www.wormbook.org/chapters/www_statisticalanalysis/statisticalanalysis.html (We include this as an example of a very condensed overview of basic statistics)
Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors. Use an example from your own life or work to illustrate the concepts. Use that example to address the following ideas noted in section 8.2 of your text.
* Step 1: State the hypotheses by listing your null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis
* Step 2: Set the criteria for a decision
* Step 3: Compute the test statistic
* Step 4: Make a decision.
Explain a situation in life where someone presented you with an argument based on a biased sample (e.g. cherry picking observations, etc.)
* What happened in this scenario?
* How did you handle it?
* What does this tell us about sampling and making public arguments?
Your main post should be at least 300 words with one reference
Answer & Explanation
Solved by an expert writer
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"