For many adolescents, the transition from adolescence to adulthood is fraught with excitement but also challenges. As the Learning Resources indicate, recent studies show that college freshmen are currently experiencing record levels of stress and many teens arrive at college ill-prepared for its rigors, academic and otherwise. In this week’s video program “ Jillian’s Story,” Jillian relates first-hand her struggles and challenges in transitioning to college and becoming more independent. In this Discussion, you will consider how the transition from high school to college, and ultimately, from adolescence to adulthood, might be eased. Reflect on the following:
What do you think high school teachers/administrators and/or other professionals who work with adolescents should do to better prepare students for the challenges of life in college? Specifically:
What strategies or programs do you think could help better prepare teens to handle the academic rigors of college?
What strategies or programs do you think could help better prepare teens to handle the financial aspects of being in college?
What strategies or programs do you think could help better prepare teens to handle the social aspects of living within the college culture?
With these thoughts in mind, follow the instructions below to post your response to this Discussion topic.
By Day 3
Post a descriiption of three strategies or programs that you think professionals who work with adolescents might implement to better prepare teens to handle the academic, financial, and social challenges of college life. Describe one idea for each of the three areas (academic, financial, and social) and briefly explain what it would entail and why you think it would be effective.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.
- Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors.
- Looking more specifically at slope, what are two ways it can be applied in the workplace or
- Consider how you feel about the following issues: Respecting the wishes of a suffering client that he is permitted to die with dignity
- What is your vision for the future of nursing?
- How can science fiction stories like Binti relate to our current climate?
- Write a Briefing Paper describing the formal organization of the adopted agency.
- What measure of central tendency is most appropriate for describing this set of data and why?
- Consider the ideas of liberty and equality expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the preamble to the US constitution. Evaluate the work of the work of the reconstruction era to apply these principles.
- How could nurses make a profound impact on the care of this vulnerable population?
- Discuss “the danger of playing it safe” by Wendy kaminer.