About this Assignment
Symbolic logic and Venn diagrams are tools that can be used to remove the content of an argument and examine whether or not the argument itself makes sense. Using these tools, you will examine an argument using symbolic logic and Venn diagrams and/or truth tables in your paper. Your paper should be 1500 words minimum.
Debates about policy, philosophy, theology, and ethics abound in social media between family, friends, and strangers, and these arguments can get very heated. For this assignment, summarize the arguments found in the following article:
The Virtues of Patriotism, the Vices of Nationalism
Look to include the following elements in your analysis:
Deconstruct the arguments into symbolic statements
Use Venn diagrams and/or truth tables to examine the soundness of the arguments
Discuss the results of your examination and the limitations of your analysis.
Demonstrate how the same arguments would work with a different subject
Symbolic Logic: Definition & Examples
Using Venn Diagrams to Show Conjunctions & Disjunctions
Propositions, Truth Values and Truth Tables
Formatting & Sources
Please write your paper in APA format. You may refer to the course material for supporting evidence, but you must also use at least 3 sources and cite them using APA format. Please include a mix of both primary and secondary sources, with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal. If you use any Study.com lessons as sources, please also cite them in APA (including the lesson title and instructor’s name).
Primary sources are first-hand accounts such as interviews, advertisements, speeches, company documents, statements, and press releases published by the company in question.
Secondary sources come from peer-reviewed scholarly journals, such as Computing Edge. You may use sources like JSTOR, Google Scholar, and IEEE.org to find articles from these journals. Secondary sources may also come from reputable websites with .gov, .edu, or .org in the domain. (Wikipedia is not a reputable source, though the sources listed in Wikipedia articles may be acceptable.)
- Raising Finance
- Mind-map on Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Please draw a mind-map that will highlight up to 5 aspects of modernism studied this summer? Please make sure to exemplify each element with specific scenes from the movie.Link to what a mind map should look like:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- China’s Economic Growth and Impact on International Relations
- Human Relations
- Positive Guidance
- self-compassion literature review
- Provide background information on your organisation, outlining the HR function and its responsibilities.
- Write an essay on the effects of impairment and marijuana.