IDEO Product Development
An executive case analysis addressing the below questions
You have studied IDEO’s process, organization, culture, and management. What are the strengths and weaknesses of IDEO’s approach to product development? Would you recommend to your CEO to adopt any / all / or some of IDEO’s approach to make your company more innovative? Why / why not? Which aspects of IDEO’s approach?
Would IDEO’s development process work effectively in companies that also manufacture, sell, and distribute products? Would it work in companies that provide services? Why / Why not?
In reference the Haward’s article itself and the chapters from
Thomke (2003): R&D Comes to Services: Bank of America’s Path-breaking Experiments? Harvard Business Review (April 2003), pp. 1-12.
Steven C. Wheelwright & Kim B. Clark (2003). Creating Project Plans to Focus Product Development, Harvard Business Review (September 2003), pp. 1-14.
IDEO Product Development (HBS 9-600-143)
Schilling (2009). Chapter 1: Introduction
Schilling (2009). Chapter 3: Types and Patterns of Innovation.
Schilling (2009). Chapter 5: Timing of Entry.
Schilling (2009). Chapter 6: Defining an Organization’s Strategic Direction
Integrative Thinking – Does the essay show use of the source material as a starting off point for integrative thinking and advancing the one’s own perspective?
Does the essay show application of the materials from the from all the references and learnings, Does the paper use a clear and consistent citation framework? Are there adequate citations (>8 sources)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLogic and Strength of Arguments, Does the essay argue for a clear and actionable plan based on evidence?
- Raising Finance
- Mind-map on Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Please draw a mind-map that will highlight up to 5 aspects of modernism studied this summer? Please make sure to exemplify each element with specific scenes from the movie.Link to what a mind map should look like:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- China’s Economic Growth and Impact on International Relations
- Human Relations
- Positive Guidance
- self-compassion literature review
- Provide background information on your organisation, outlining the HR function and its responsibilities.
- Write an essay on the effects of impairment and marijuana.