Social influence is pervasive. Understanding the mechanisms by which behavior is influenced can help you intentionally shape your own behavior as well as that of others, which may be beneficial in both your personal and professional life. In this discussion, you will consider various elements of social influence as they apply to a specific example.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of your textbook. Aronson, E. (with Aronson, J.). (2018). The social animal (12th ed.). Worth.
Then, complete the following:
Imagine that you are hired as a consultant. You are responsible for providing relevant social psychological insight to a specific audience with the intent of preparing an intervention. Select a topic from the list of scenarios provided by your instructor to form the basis of your analysis. In your initial post,
Describe the social psychological principles that explain the role of social influence in the example. Although not a comprehensive list, the following concepts may be appropriate to consider: type of influence, predictors of conformity, social norms, characteristics of the group, and so on.
Evaluate relevant theory and research that address the social psychological variables involved in the scenario.
Based on the insight above, develop an intervention plan that shows how various career professionals may integrate social psychological insight.
Employ consideration of diverse populations and settings in your analysis.
- Writer’s Choice (based on any open database you can find on the link in the instructions)
- Analyze the importance of data management, knowledge management, and business analytics to business organizations.
- Write a paper: Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Ruby Whiteboarding
- Business Plan
- he Evolution and future role of forensic accounting in detecting and preventing corporate frauds
- Types of Inflation and the Social Implications
- Based on the information in the Interactive: Henry and Ertha Williams, answer the following for the discussion post this week. Groups will be assigned by the instructor.
- Sociological imagination Essay introduction and planning
- Infographic study
- Energy Drink Sales Variables