Using the job selected for the Job Research and Job Descriiption Form assignment, students will:
1. Develop the Pool:
a. How would you develop the pool for this job?
b. Discuss the viability of candidates in your developed pool including internal candidates, external candidates, inside-outsiders, and outside-insider (described in HBR article The Definitive Guide to Recruiting in Good Times and Bad by Fernandez-Araoz, Groysberg, and Nohria).
c. What sources would you use to develop this pool?
d. What resources would you need to develop this pool?
2. Assess the Candidates
a. Which positions would conduct the interviews and reference checks? Why?
b. Develop a minimum of three behavioral-based interview questions.
3. Close the Deal
a. Write the words/speech you would use to close the deal (get the applicant to accept the job) with the selected candidate. Include the following elements in your words/speech:
i. Your passion about the company and the position.
ii. The position’s opportunities and challenges (positive and negative aspects of the job).
iii. The organization’s commitment to the candidate’s success.
Each of the three sections above can be found in HBR article titles The Definitive Guide to Recruiting in Good Times and Bad by Fernandez-Araoz, Groysberg, and Nohria. We read this article for our Week 1 Discussion Board assignment. Each of the three sections must be a minimum of 200 words and separated into a different paragraph(s). It is recommended that students insert the question prior to each answer, as this will help ensure that all requirements are covered. Please include the job title at the top of your submission.
*Please provide detailed in-question responses. Compare and/or contrast to other jobs, requirements, salaries, responsibilities, etc.
Please use in-text citations per APA 7 guidelines.
Fernández-Aráoz, C., Groysberg, B., & Nohria, N. (2009). The definitive guide to recruiting in good times and bad. Harvard Business Review, 87(5), 74-84.
Please let me know if you have questions. The original form for this research was the job form for Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The job site references were used for the information provided that should be incorporated into this research paper.
- Does a New Facebook Algorithm Only Show You 26 Friends?
- Explain and justify your position to the following question utilizing the up-to-date financial data you found in your research.
- Discuss the components required for effective quality and performance improvement programs in healthcare settings; the role risk management provides; the different triggers or risks that create hazardous outcomes; the tools and techniques you would recommend to assess risk; and what you have learned from the article.
- Discuss the main differences in the industrial relations systems of liberal and coordinated market economies by referring to at least two countries considered in the course.
- Write a discussion paper on Social Sciences
- What are the advantages of globalization to indigenous community in Canada.
- Discuss any threats to validity or bias that you may have seen.
- Identify at least two ways in which the employees support the internal community (for instance, a company may encourage their employees to divide up the work of an ill coworker) and ways the employees support the greater community (local, national, or global community).
- Write an essay on Evidence Based Practice in Health Care.
- What has been your past experience solving word problems?
- Using software of your choice and the PMBOK Guide, develop a schedule and integrated-change plan for your project.