1. Chapter 6 noted that Friendster has obtained a number of social networking patents that it could potentially assert against other social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace. Suppose you are corporate counsel at one of these two companies and you expect that you may eventually be sued by Friendster. In addition to contesting the validity or enforceability of the Friendster patents, what are some of your other options?
2. The CEO of a small but promising start-up company is in need of an experienced engineer to head up a key aspect of the business, and has selected Sam as a leading candidate. If hired, Sam would not only be exposed to the proprietary technology that already provides a significant advantage in the market, but would be tasked with developing additional proprietary information and software. Sam is currently an employee of XYZ Corp., a competitor of the start-up. What potential problems might the CEO want to consider? What steps could the CEO take to address these problems?
3. Read about the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA). Discuss the impact of the GLBA on the financial services industry
- Raising Finance
- Mind-map on Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Please draw a mind-map that will highlight up to 5 aspects of modernism studied this summer? Please make sure to exemplify each element with specific scenes from the movie.Link to what a mind map should look like:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- China’s Economic Growth and Impact on International Relations
- Human Relations
- Positive Guidance
- self-compassion literature review
- Provide background information on your organisation, outlining the HR function and its responsibilities.
- Write an essay on the effects of impairment and marijuana.