According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, a good occupational safety and health (OSH) program uses leading indicators to drive change and lagging indicators to measure effectiveness.
There are two parts to this assignment. For Part I, you must use the CSU Online Library to search for and select an article from an academic journal that discusses leading and lagging indicators in OSH performance. The article must be no more than 5 years old.
Once you have selected your article, you must complete the following tasks in a one-page written review.
Accurately identify the premise of the article.
Analyze the author’s points in support of the premise.
Correlate the author’s points to concepts covered in this unit.
Your review should include the following:
a summary and definition of leading and lagging Indicators,
a brief discussion of why there is often confusion over terms, and
definitions related to leading and lagging indicators.
For Part II, you will continue to demonstrate your understanding of the use of leading and lagging indicators. You must write a two-page paper in which you discuss the various methods for establishing safety accountability metrics for managers, employees, and safety professionals discussed in this unit. You must specifically address the following.
Outline how you can use both leading and lagging indicators in the application of a Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle framework to improve organizational performance.
Explain the need for language of business communication within the PDCA cycle.
Summarize how systems thinking applies to the PDCA cycle.
Connect points in the article you reviewed to support your Part II discussion.
Submit both Parts I and II in a single document.
You must use at least two sources other than the journal article you review to support your discussion.
- Discuss your leaders impact on organizational culture.
- Write out script for an Oral presentation using the documents and article provided. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-amplify-i-have-mixed-feelings-about-returning-to-the-office-as-a/
- Why do some dog lick their owners excessively?
- What were the main regulatory and market differences between the US and India when considering Promotion and Place (distribution)?
- What are the differences between estimating and forecasting demand?
- Does the plan cover dental, eyeglasses, infertility, prescriptions, or chiropractic care?
- Clearly identify the theme of your concept map.
- Define the challenges and opportunities that exist for today’s healthcare leaders.
- Reflect and Relate an introduction to interpersonal communication fifth edition (2018) .
- Does it appear that system-level policymakers have considered the possible consequences that changes to Medicare have on vulnerable patient populations?
- List the differences between Medicare and Medicaid.