Write a research paper on challenges of English language learners in Mathematics classroom. What are those challenges?
Describe two perspectives on how natural language shapes mathematics learning and then compare how they address the challenges you described in item #1 above. Cite relevant literature.
Overarching theme: 1) descriiption of challenges for teachers, bilingual/ multilingual learners and learners’ communities in mathematics education
The connection of mathematics teaching and learning highlighted in education research with language and linguistic diversity.
outline the interconnection of language in mathematics ( common core/ NCTM….etc )
Define language diversity and situate bilingual, multilingual, labeling
Identify deficit views of language acquisition, and language use in mathematics educationn affecting learners and learner communities and educators
Challenges that emergent language learners face in mathematics learning and teaching
Challenges that educators face in relation to the issues highlighted above ( some of these challenges might be discovering, analyzing, p[roviding guidance for students to tackle those challenges and opening up spaces that allow students to bring in their entire linguistic repertoire to creating and negotiating meaning.
2) identify and expand on two perspectives of how natural language shapes mathematics learning and situate it within the challenges described above.
Perspective one of natural language and mathematics learning ( Perspective 1: psycholinguistic views of language in mathematics)
Perspective two of natural language and mathematics learning ( socio cultural and sociolinguistic view of language in mathematics)
Connect both those perspectives of language and their implications in addressing challenges facing the emergent language learners community (micro and macro)
- Does a New Facebook Algorithm Only Show You 26 Friends?
- Explain and justify your position to the following question utilizing the up-to-date financial data you found in your research.
- Discuss the components required for effective quality and performance improvement programs in healthcare settings; the role risk management provides; the different triggers or risks that create hazardous outcomes; the tools and techniques you would recommend to assess risk; and what you have learned from the article.
- Discuss the main differences in the industrial relations systems of liberal and coordinated market economies by referring to at least two countries considered in the course.
- Write a discussion paper on Social Sciences
- What are the advantages of globalization to indigenous community in Canada.
- Discuss any threats to validity or bias that you may have seen.
- Identify at least two ways in which the employees support the internal community (for instance, a company may encourage their employees to divide up the work of an ill coworker) and ways the employees support the greater community (local, national, or global community).
- Write an essay on Evidence Based Practice in Health Care.
- What has been your past experience solving word problems?
- Using software of your choice and the PMBOK Guide, develop a schedule and integrated-change plan for your project.