. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be three (3) to six (6) pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
This written assignment has two parts and involves combining the case studies from lessons 5-8. For each of the case studies, you are responsible for selecting the appropriate case at the end of the applicable chapter and response to the question. In each of the cases you will respond as if you are the hospital administrator. For part I of this written assignment, please see case studies relating to lessons 5-8 below. Please combine your response to these case study questions into part I of your written assignment.
Case Study 2. Home Healthcare Fraud
An investigation by the Medicare Fraud Strike Force resulted in the discovery and ultimate sentencing of a registered nurse who defrauded her home health agency and the federal government. Read Box 8-5.
a. If you were the administrator of this home health agency what could you have done to prevent this individual, or any staff member, from committing fraud of this nature?
b. What policies or procedures could you implement?
c. What actions could you enforce, within your organization that could have uncovered this illegal behavior sooner?
Case Study 1. Benefits of Electronic Health Records in a Rural Critical Access Hospital
Imagine that you are the administrator of Sierra Vista Hospital.
a. How will you help the hospital’s physicians and staff overcome their skepticism and get on board with the adoption of EHR?
b. What specific benefits can you share with them?
c. What specific objections might they express?
d. How will you overcome their objections and convince them to agree?
Case Study 3. Fast Food in Hospitals
Identify the benefits and concerns about permitting a fast food franchise to set up an outlet in your facility. How would you address the controversies connected with the “bad health” image of this sector of the foodservice industry? Nutritional information should be included in this discussion. Virtually all fast food companies include nutritional data on their websites.
Case Study 3.
You have discovered that one of your physicians is violating the Stark law by sending patients to an imaging center in which she has an ownership percentage. She offers you a monthly consulting fee if you don’t say anything and let her continue to refer patients. She tells you that the facility is good and the patients are not being harmed.
a. Explain what the Stark law is.
b. Discuss what you would do in this situation.
c. What consequences should be taken against the physician, if any?
For part II of the written assignment, explain why the following course objectives are important for hospital administrators:
1. Describe how the essential activities of healthcare administration such as workplace safety, compliance plans, strategic planning, risk management, and crisis management influence the success of a healthcare organization.
2. Explain how the use of administrative and clinical technology can enhance healthcare operations.
3. Describe how food operations are handled in the health care industry.
4. Describe how internal and external activities of healthcare operations such as performance improvement, audits and inspections, legal and ethical issues, and healthcare marketing, advertising, and public relations improve healthcare operations overall.
Please include at least 3 scholarly articles within your response. Overall response will be formatted according to APA style and the total assignment should be between 3-6 pages not including title page and reference page.
- Raising Finance
- Mind-map on Hitchcock’s Spellbound. Please draw a mind-map that will highlight up to 5 aspects of modernism studied this summer? Please make sure to exemplify each element with specific scenes from the movie.Link to what a mind map should look like:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
- China’s Economic Growth and Impact on International Relations
- Human Relations
- Positive Guidance
- self-compassion literature review
- Provide background information on your organisation, outlining the HR function and its responsibilities.
- Write an essay on the effects of impairment and marijuana.