Write a one-page response to the article that you selected from the Walden Library. Precisely format your paper using the CON Writing Template provided in the Writing Resources tab including an introduction, body, and summary (conclusion).
As you reflect on the findings in your chosen article, consider how the findings compare to your own professional nursing experience with Magnet, or, if you have no personal experience with Magnet, your thoughts concerning Magnet:
Paraphrase and integrate information from the article into paper.
Consider factors or principles from the article that hold true for or resonate with you.
Utilize the Writing Resources tab where you will find support to guide you through the process of paraphrasing, and citing and referencing per APA. The Week 3 Assignment Rubric will keep you on track. Remember to use Grammarly to check your writing for errors before submitting your assignment.
Effect of nurse staffing on rehospitalizations and emergency department visits among short-stay nursing home residents: A Cross-sectional study using the US Nursing Home Compare database
Hong, Hye Chong ⁎
Chung-Ang University Red Cross College of Nursing, 84 Heukseok-ro, Bldg 106, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 06974, South Korea
In Geriatric Nursing March-April 2019 40(2):160-165
Nursing Home Compare
Emergency department visit
The aim of this study was to examine the effect of nurse staffing on both rehospitalizations and emergency department emergency department visits among short-stay nursing home residents in the United States. Data for 11,132 US nursing homes were drawn from the 2016 Nursing Home Compare. We found that the Five-Star Quality Rating System’s staffing rating is a significant predictor for the rates of rehospitalization and emergency department visit among short-stay nursing home residents. The results also showed the importance of registered nurse staffing in nursing home caring for short-stay residents. Administrators and policy-makers can employ the findings to formulate management strategies that will reduce rehospitalizations and emergency department visits among nursing home residents.
- In what ways do you identify with any of the themes of these chapters?
- Do most of us just have it wrong about what happiness and the happy life really is?
- Does a New Facebook Algorithm Only Show You 26 Friends?
- Explain and justify your position to the following question utilizing the up-to-date financial data you found in your research.
- Discuss the components required for effective quality and performance improvement programs in healthcare settings; the role risk management provides; the different triggers or risks that create hazardous outcomes; the tools and techniques you would recommend to assess risk; and what you have learned from the article.
- Discuss the main differences in the industrial relations systems of liberal and coordinated market economies by referring to at least two countries considered in the course.
- Write a discussion paper on Social Sciences
- What are the advantages of globalization to indigenous community in Canada.
- Discuss any threats to validity or bias that you may have seen.
- Identify at least two ways in which the employees support the internal community (for instance, a company may encourage their employees to divide up the work of an ill coworker) and ways the employees support the greater community (local, national, or global community).
- Write an essay on Evidence Based Practice in Health Care.