Discuss why it is important to master various ways of communicating information. An Infographic is a visual way to illustrate information or data. Using basic principles of design, one can utilize images and/or brief text to engage a broader audience or a targeted audience. The Client to Global Mapping assignment will be an ongoing exercise throughout the course in which learners will be introduced to and hone skills in creating Infographics.
Learners should familiarize themselves with a variety of infographics, exploring format, content, design, etc. to ready themselves for creating infographics in modules five and eight.
Each learner should select one infographic that provides educational information and/or advocacy information related to one of the topics from the Issues for Debate in Social Policy readings. Post the infographic itself or a link to the graphic by posting the URL in the discussion board and critique the infographic in 2-4 sentences. Your critique should be grounded in the expectations delineated in the Infographic Rubric.
Incorporate the videos. & Readings:
——– DSW SW853 Theoretical Article Critique
— Listen to the Wombat – “All is One”
In Issues for Debate in Social Policy (2020), read:
Chapter 8, Education Funding
Chapter 9, Affirmative Action & College Admissions
Chapter 16, The STEM Gender Gap
In addition to the above readings, read the two(2) articles below:
Responding to Global Shifts: Meta-Practice as a Relevant Social Work Practice Paradigm. (Links to an external site.)
Grise-Owens, E., Miller, J.J., & Owens, L.W. (2014). Responding to global shifts: Meta-practice as a relevant social work practice paradigm. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 34(1), 46-59.
Revisiting the Relationship Between Micro and Macro Social Work Practice. (Links to an external site.)
Austin, M.J., Anthony, E.K., Tolleson Knee, R., & Mathias, J. (2016). Revisiting the relationship between micro and macro social work practice. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services, 97(4), 270-277.
- Analyze the value of a diverse multidisciplinary task force to address the selected social issue.
- Safety Management System
- UNDERSTANDING COMPLEX AND CHALLENGING NEEDS, Support Plan Critique
- What do Americans “need to know” in foreign policy?
- commentary 2
- commentary 3
- Write a Battle analysis of San Jacinto
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether you judge this to be a good choice.
- What social, political, or economic situations necessitated special programs?
- To what extent has the war and pandemic affected interior design and what are the predictions as to where interior design is heading?
- Write about the short story “The Enormous Radio.” by John Cheever.