Part A- Lipids
1. Describe the structure and function of waxes.
2. What is the difference between saturated and unsaturated fatty acids? Give an example for
of fatty acid, and include the structural formula. (4 marks)
3. Discuss the structure of triacylglycerol (TAG) and explain the hydrolysis of TAGs.
4. Name two different types of lipids with an example for each, and their functions.
5. Explain the structure and the function of cell membrane. In your answer, include the
a) the role of phospholipid
b) the role of cholesterol
c) the function(s) of protein
Part B Nucleic acids/ cells/ transport
1. Nucleic acids, DNA and RNA:
a. What is (are) the main function(s) of DNA in the cell? (1 mark)
b. Describe the structure of DNA. (6 marks)
2. DNA Replication:
a. What is DNA replication? (1 marks)
b. Describe the function of Helicase, and DNA Polymerase in DNA replication process.
3. Group the following compounds based on their presence in DNA or RNA. (3 marks)
4. Briefly explain the following three ways of transport across the cell membrane: simple
diffusion, facilitated diffusion and active transport. (6 marks)
5. Name the main function of Ribosomes and Lysosomes in the cell. (1 mark)
Solved by an expert writer
Looking for a similar assignment? Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services Order Now.
“ This is exactly what I needed and the confidence that I am heading in the right direction to finish the assignment. Thank you so much.”
"Great job, completed quicker than expected. Thank you very much!"
"Very efficient definitely recommend this site for help getting your assignments to help"