TERM PAPER ASSIGNMENT
The Term Paper Assignment will consist of at least 10 double-spaced pages (excluding title page, references, figures, illustrations, or other extraneous elements outside the main body of the paper). Students will format their paper using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. Students will use at least 10 scholarly and trade references (Wikipedia, non-legitimate peer-reviewed websites, or blogs CANNOT be used as a reference).
Students will complete a 10 page paper that centers on a significant issue facing criminal justice from a theoretical perspective covered during the course. Some examples of significant criminal justice issues include but are not limited to: impoverishment and criminal offending, the effectiveness of deterrence, race and crime, serial killing, white-collar offending, juvenile offending, criminal recidivism, mass shootings, sexual assault, the role of IQ in offending, and illicit drug use and trafficking. The paper must contain a minimum of 10 references beyond your textbooks and lectures that are presented during the course.
The paper should be contain the following sections:
Introduction: provide hooks to gain the readers attention, a thesis statement, and a roadmap or overview of the sections that your paper will address.
Overview of Selected Criminal Justice Issue: in this section you will clearly explain the issue that you are addressing.
Overview of Selected Criminal Justice Theory: This section of the paper will clearly provides an overview of the selected criminal justice theory to include its main developer(s) and main premises.
Weaknesses and Strengths of the Selected Criminal Justice Theory: This section of the paper will detail weaknesses and strengths in the selected criminal justice theory.
Explanation of how the Selected Theoretical Perspective Explains the Selected Criminal Justice Issue: This section of your paper will contain an application of how the selected criminal justice theory would explain the selected criminal justice issue.
Presentation of how the Selected Criminal Justice Theory can be Used to Formulate Policies to Address the Selected Criminal Justice Issue: This section of your paper will contain an explanation of how the selected theoretical issue would influence policies that could address the selected criminal justice issue.
Conclusion: This section should only be one to two paragraphs long and should simply note the main sections covered in the paper and it should include a restatement of your thesis statement.
- esign a one-page study to understand if behavioral economics traits or concepts (bounded rationality, loss aversion, framing, etc.)
- Write a reflection on my classmates presentation.
- Write a scientific review paper over the articles that will be provided.
- Is art basically rational or emotional? Or is it both (and if so, in what way)?
- write a short essay of 3-5 pages in paragraph form that answers the question, how does the moral universe in the show Motherhacker compare to how morality works in our universe/reality? use examples from the text and from real life to support your claim.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.
- Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors.
- Looking more specifically at slope, what are two ways it can be applied in the workplace or
- Consider how you feel about the following issues: Respecting the wishes of a suffering client that he is permitted to die with dignity
- What is your vision for the future of nursing?
- How can science fiction stories like Binti relate to our current climate?