Research and find information on an emergency event or incident that you believe had a significant impact on society or the fire and emergency service industry. A few examples of acceptable events for this assignment would include:
Yellowstone Fires, 1988
Beverly Hills Supper Club Fire, 1977
Camp Fire, Paradise CA, 2018
The Station Nightclub Fire, 2003
One Meridian Plaza Fire, 1991
Iroquois Theatre Fire, 1903
Coconut Grove Fire, Boston, 1942
Hotel Vendome Fire and Collapse, 1972
Charleston Sofa Superstore Fire, 2007
While researching your selected event keep the 5W’s in mind and base your analysis on the event, emergency response, lessons learned, and/or aftermath of the incident. Think about how the event impacted the emergency service industry. Also, consider the impact this event had on the rest of society, such as driving fire code requirements, increasing awareness of specific hazards, etc.
The paper must be submitted using the APA format, so here are a few helpful links to assist you in preparing your paper.
The OWL at Perdue University (Links to an external site.) will help with learning how and why we document sources.
Papersowl (Links to an external site.) offers many tips on how to write a case study analysis.
Citation Machine (Links to an external site.) is a fantastic resource for help with the proper format of each source on your references page.
You are to write and submit a 5 to 6-page written case study of this research in proper APA format. Provide in your analysis what you consider to be the top three long-term effects felt by society or the emergency services after the incident. Headings for your case study paper should include, at a minimum, the following:
Aftermath, or Lessons Learned
The paper must be submitted by the assigned due date and can earn the student (100 Points). This case study research assignment must be submitted through CANVAS using one of the following formats: doc, docx, and pdf.
It is my intention to grade all submitted work within 48 hours after the due date of this assignment. Feedback will be sent to you through the CANVAS grade book.
- Describe how the data was gathered and analyze
- Identify and discuss Durkheims Anomie Theory.
- What are the effectiveness of online language learning from the perspective of second language learners
- Abstract – of approximately 300 words summarizing the aims and scope
- Write a Reflective assignment about decision making and leadership in Nursing
- Outline a plan that the corporate training and development staff could use to conduct a comprehensive training needs analysis (TNA). Include in your plan information about the analyses you will conduct, the stakeholders you will involve, and the data collection methods you will use. [12 points]
- Write a paper on Parametric Modeling of Acid Stimulation Treatment in Geothermal Reservoirs
- Why is it more desirable than the simple ability to perform good actions?
- what laws the State of New Jersey has passed to prosecute computer crimes.
- Discuss the importance of integrating cultural background knowledge for ELLs in the classroom. What are some key takeaways you have learned this week?
- rite a four page paper summarizing and applying a research article related to the theory of motivation that I had learnt in class.