Research and find information on an emergency event or incident that you believe had a significant impact on society or the fire and emergency service industry. A few examples of acceptable events for this assignment would include:
Yellowstone Fires, 1988
Beverly Hills Supper Club Fire, 1977
Camp Fire, Paradise CA, 2018
The Station Nightclub Fire, 2003
One Meridian Plaza Fire, 1991
Iroquois Theatre Fire, 1903
Coconut Grove Fire, Boston, 1942
Hotel Vendome Fire and Collapse, 1972
Charleston Sofa Superstore Fire, 2007
While researching your selected event keep the 5W’s in mind and base your analysis on the event, emergency response, lessons learned, and/or aftermath of the incident. Think about how the event impacted the emergency service industry. Also, consider the impact this event had on the rest of society, such as driving fire code requirements, increasing awareness of specific hazards, etc.
The paper must be submitted using the APA format, so here are a few helpful links to assist you in preparing your paper.
The OWL at Perdue University (Links to an external site.) will help with learning how and why we document sources.
Papersowl (Links to an external site.) offers many tips on how to write a case study analysis.
Citation Machine (Links to an external site.) is a fantastic resource for help with the proper format of each source on your references page.
You are to write and submit a 5 to 6-page written case study of this research in proper APA format. Provide in your analysis what you consider to be the top three long-term effects felt by society or the emergency services after the incident. Headings for your case study paper should include, at a minimum, the following:
Aftermath, or Lessons Learned
The paper must be submitted by the assigned due date and can earn the student (100 Points). This case study research assignment must be submitted through CANVAS using one of the following formats: doc, docx, and pdf.
It is my intention to grade all submitted work within 48 hours after the due date of this assignment. Feedback will be sent to you through the CANVAS grade book.
- Discuss what challenges teachers anticipate encountering when communicating with the families of young children and what they will do to confront these challenges.
- Research the internet for scholarly and/or professional material about system testing and operations.
- esign a one-page study to understand if behavioral economics traits or concepts (bounded rationality, loss aversion, framing, etc.)
- Write a reflection on my classmates presentation.
- Write a scientific review paper over the articles that will be provided.
- Is art basically rational or emotional? Or is it both (and if so, in what way)?
- write a short essay of 3-5 pages in paragraph form that answers the question, how does the moral universe in the show Motherhacker compare to how morality works in our universe/reality? use examples from the text and from real life to support your claim.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.
- Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors.
- Looking more specifically at slope, what are two ways it can be applied in the workplace or
- Consider how you feel about the following issues: Respecting the wishes of a suffering client that he is permitted to die with dignity