Anthony is a 38 year old mortgage broker. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weighs 227 pounds. Anthony reports his usual weight is 205 pounds but he has started gaining weight in the last two years since his first child was born. He often skips breakfast or stops for a scone and coffee on his way to work in the morning. He often eats out with clients for lunch, or he grabs a fruit smoothie on his way to meetings. He eats dinner at home with his family most evenings. He reports feeling hungry, weak, and anxious with a rapid heartbeat on many occasions during his work day, which he says is relieved somewhat by eating a candy bar or other high-sugar snack food. His diet history reveals no food intolerances, although he states he avoids products that contain high-fructose corn syrup and prefers to use products sweetened with sugar. Anthony has been told by his doctor that he is pre-diabetic, meaning he has higher blood glucose than normal, but not high enough for a diagnosis for diabetes. His doctor told him to eat better and lose weight, but Anthony is searching for more specifics. Questions Which of Anthonys symptoms could be due to hypoglycemia? What dietary habits may be aggravating these symptoms and how exactly are they affecting his blood sugar? What types of carbohydrate-containing foods would you recommend Anthony include in his diet to reduce his symptoms and reduce his risk of developing diabetes? What types of carbohydrate-containing foods would you recommend he limit? Be sure to use proper terms and name examples of each What are some of the other components of foods that Anthony should include with the carbohydrate-containing foods named above to help him sustain his blood glucose levels? Provide two examples of a meal or snack that would fit this recommendation. What other specific diet and/or lifestyle recommendations can you make to help Anthony reduce his risk for developing type 2 diabetes?
- To What Extent is Psychopathology Relevant for Understanding Terrorism?
- American holidays: their cultural significance and uses for TESL.
- Describe Ancient Greek gender and sexuality linked to ideas of hierarchy, power and control.
- Describe factors that will influence the choice of leadership styles in a workplace.
- Should surrogacy tourism be permitted without oversight and restrictions?
- Discuss the Effectiveness of Online Learning During Covid-19 in Nursing’.
- To what extend should computer aided design be implemented in the architectural industry?
- Briefly discuss one or two computer crimes that could cause issues in your life if you were targeted by cybercriminals.
- Explain the specific roles you will need and what each will be responsible for.
- Should baby hatches exist?
- Investigating the combination of cyclist clothing colour (black and white), fluorescent vest, and lighting aids mounted on bike that allow maximum cyclist visibility in photopic condition.