1. Define CAM.
2. Describe the patient who uses CAM the most.
3. List some common misconceptions about CAM.
4. Identify methods of including the use of CAM in patient education.
5. Discuss the safe use of CAM.
6. List ways in which conventional medicine and CAM can be integrated.
7. Define ethical theories, ethical principles, and values.
8. Provide examples of ethical issues in patient education and compliance, and describe ways in which an effective professional/patient relationship and a poor health professional/patient relationship can impact these issues.
9. Explain what is meant by “ethical patient education practices”.
10. Explain the purpose of informed consent.
11. Discuss what factors determine the patient’s ability to give informed consent.
12. Compose a sample informed consent form. .
13. Discuss the process of communication to use with the patient and the family when obtaining informed consent.
- Discuss an example where optimal (or improved) organization design resulted in greater functional effectiveness and productivity of an organization.
- Explain your understanding of hypothesis testing and the Type 1 and Type 2 errors.
- Looking more specifically at slope, what are two ways it can be applied in the workplace or
- Consider how you feel about the following issues: Respecting the wishes of a suffering client that he is permitted to die with dignity
- What is your vision for the future of nursing?
- How can science fiction stories like Binti relate to our current climate?
- Write a Briefing Paper describing the formal organization of the adopted agency.
- What measure of central tendency is most appropriate for describing this set of data and why?
- Consider the ideas of liberty and equality expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the preamble to the US constitution. Evaluate the work of the work of the reconstruction era to apply these principles.
- How could nurses make a profound impact on the care of this vulnerable population?
- Discuss “the danger of playing it safe” by Wendy kaminer.